Re: COVID-19 and Conveyancing
So here is where we are at:
- Our email and phones are blowing off the hook; unless you are a top referral partner, we do not have time to answer your “quick question”; keep watching for emails like this, or our Facebook page for future updates;
- We still cannot sign remotely; still need to meet clients, but the appointment times are being shortened;
- Many of our satellite offices are closing; the only office we can guarantee social distancing is our Coquitlam office; your clients may need to come here; while it seems far, it is right on the border of Coquitlam, Burnaby and New West, kind of right in the middle of the lower mainland;
- We are researching force majeure clauses, nothing definitive yet, hopefully tomorrow;
Ontario and Quebec are now shut down for all but non-essential services; no idea yet if conveyancing lawyers are essential or not; do not know if or when BC will follow suit;
- Nothing concrete about closing the LTSA; just speculation and rumours so far;
- There are no incentives (reduction in PTT or anything else) for those that are closing now.
We will continue to do our best to keep you up to date.